Benefits Of Yoga At Urban Fitness Club
- Helps to relieve pain & discomfort associated with arthritis, fibromyalgia, sports injuries and other chronic pain
- Reduces blood pressure & relieves stress
- Highly trained, friendly instructors
- Several classes throughout the week
- Highly accredited yoga studio
- Encourages an effective buddy program
- Conveniently located in downtown Vancouver
Type of Yoga Classes at Urban Fitness Club
- Hatha Yoga – If you’re new to yoga then trying out a Hatha class might be the way to go. Hatha as defined describes any of the practices, so a Hatha class will be slow-paced and geared for beginners. There will most likely be a lot of breath work, i.e., pranayama, as well an introduction to a variety of poses, and slow and gentle movements. Hatha is also great to wind down with in the evening after a long day of work.
- Vinyasa Yoga – Commonly called “Vinyasa flow” or just “flow”, you’ll definitely be moving, flowing from one pose to the next. Other than starting with a sun salutation, no two classes will be alike. It’s the most popular style of yoga in America.
- Power Yoga – It is also called “Ashtanga”, this style of Yoga requires constant movement and is physically demanding. Looking to sculpt that body of yours, get a little definition in those arms or chest, all while getting some cardio in? Then give Power Yoga a whirl!
- Restorative Yoga – Restorative yoga is typically practiced with props, and involves only a handful of restorative poses you’ll hold for extended periods of time — but you’ll really connect your mind with your body. Expect more poses that open the chest area for breath work and more lying down than in your typical practice.
- UrbanRock Yoga – It combines a powerful physical practice with energetic music to tear down the ego and establish a deeper connection with the Self. Music needs to reflect the intensity of the practice. The instructor draws upon a variety of music not traditionally associated with yoga, such as hard and classic rock, melodic metal and punk, to name a few genres. These types of music increase the intensity of the practice and create powerful sensations not often felt through traditional yoga.
Urban Fitness is the best Vancouver fitness club where you can enroll in Boot Camps, Kickboxing, MMA, Self Defence, Core, ObstacleFit, TRX, Barre, Zumba, Insanity, Tabata, Pilates, Combat and Yoga. Get results with the best instructors, reasonable prices, non-intimidating, female friendly, no contracts and pay as you go. Look good, get healthy and lose pounds guaranteed.